Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rubbish Weather

I think the title says it all! What time of year if this? Feels like October, with so much wind and rain not a lovely sunny July. Still I suppose we had one half decent week while Wimbledon was on. When I was a kid you could always rely on Wimbledon fortnight for good weather. You could pretty much guarantee it. I must be showing my age.

With the school summer break coming up this is that last thing parents need is for the kids to not be able to go outside on their bikes, playing football or in their swimming pools. This was the case last year and by the 5th week the boredom sets in anyway and having them cooped up as well is disaster.

So I am prepared this year, I have some games ready like Monopoly, cards, Uno is a good one and we also have one called Baker Street a bit like Cluedo but better. I have plenty of jobs they can help with around the house. We have a Wii in the house as well and that can be good family fun. I will also get them doing some cooking like biscuits, small cakes and some easy pasta recipes. Luckily both my boys don't mind. If there are good days we will take advantage by going for a nice walk or a bike ride.

Regards Sue Wynette
Film Cells & Film Memorabilia by Filmstruck

No comments: