Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Ten Most Famous Movie Quotes

The following are the top ten film quotes according to The Guiness Book of Film who in 1998 asked a group of 10 film critics and experts to compile a list of, in their opinion, the top ten most famous movie quotes ever. Surprisingly six of the 10 are from films made in the 1930's and 1940's and range from the 1930's to 1994.

How many do you know? In reverse order:

10. Anna Christie 1930 Greta Garbo
"Gimme a whiskey, ginger ale on the side. And don't be stingy, baby."

9. Taxi Driver 1976 Robert de Niro
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well, who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the f--k do you think you're talkin' to?"

8. Gone With the Wind 1939 Clark Gable
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"

7. Duck Soup 1933 Groucho Marx
"I could dance with you till the cows come home...On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows when you came home."

6. Forrest Gump 1994 Tom Hanks
"My Mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get."

5. Hells Angels 1930 Jean Harlow
"Would you be shocked if I put on something more comfortable?"

4. The Terminator 1984 Arnold Schgwarzenegger
"I'll be back."

3. I’m No Angel 1933 Mae West
"Well, it's not the men in your life that counts, it's the life in your men."

2. Casablanca 1942 Humphrey Bogart
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

1. Dr No 1962 Sean Connery
"...Bond. James Bond."

This information was gathered from filmsite.org.

Film Cells, Signed photos, celebrity autographs and all manner of movie memorabilia – You’ve been Filmstruck!

No comments: